What to expect with SMALL AREA FOCUS design service
This service is limited to Annapolis and nearby area residents only (including parts of Kent Co. and Anne Arundel Co.).
First, we'll have a short phone conversation that helps us both understand what your goals are for the project.
Then I’ll come to your home for a visit lasting 2 to 2 ½ hours. During that time we’ll measure, analyze, fantasize, and conspire until we have a good plan for the area you’ve chosen. We’ll run through the whole, entire design cycle: site analysis, design, plant selection, and installation planning--all in one meeting!
The result is a clear, detailed sketch showing what to put where, and a list of what to buy. You’ll also get instructions on how to install your bed based on what’s there right now.
The cost for this service is $225 (during pilot*) and includes the following:
- Pre-visit phone interview
- 2-2 ½ hour planning meeting at your home
- Sketch of garden, drawn to scale, with plant names indicated
- List of plants to purchase and local nurseries that usually carry them
- List of other materials to purchase with likely sources in the Annapolis area
- Instructions on how to prepare and plant your bed
- Instructions on how to maintain your bed after it is planted
*This pilot pricing rewards you for helping me work the bugs out of a brand-new service. Once this initial pilot period is over, the price might go a little (but I hope not too much) higher.
Got a larger area?
Sometimes the best approach is really to design a whole master plan for your landscape, and then install in phases. That’s what our Co-design Service is all about, and it has worked extremely well…for lots of people over the past 4 years.